The postnatal massage is a full body massage that is given to a mom every day for upto 40 days after birth.
There are many masseuse that specialise in postnatal and newborn massages. They either come once a day to your home to give you a massage, or move in with you for the first 40 days to help out with other baby care chores.
They usually start the massage with your feet and move upwards till they finish off with a head massage. The postnatal massage is a wonderful traditional practice to help soothe new mums. It can be very relaxing in the midst of the chaos of bringing a newborn home.
What are the benefits of a postnatal massage?A postnatal massage will help:
- To ease sore spots and relax muscle tension. The whole process of childbirth has been a strain on your body, particularly your abdomen, lower back and hips. Your upper back might also be sore if you are breastfeeding and not using a suitable position.
- Increase the flow of blood and oxygen to your muscles, getting rid of the toxins.
- You feel relaxed. Massage encourages the body to release endorphins - the natural pain killers and feel good hormones secreted by the brain.
- Your body to release oxytocin. Oxytocin triggers the letdown reflex which releases milk from your breast. This means that you might leak breastmilk during your massage so keep your breastfeeding bra on with some breastpads in. A breast massage will help open blocked ducts, loosen clumps or hardened areas, and reduce the risk of mastitis.
- Speed up recovery from a caesarean section if you've had one. Although you need to stay clear of your wound as long as it hasn't healed, gentle massage to the area thereafter will increase blood supply and help with internal healing.
- Improve well-being and immunity by stimulating lymph flow.
- You cope with the baby blues and postnatal depression. Some experts say that a massage is an excellent stress buster and mood elevator.
For moms who have gone through normal birth, the postnatal service can start within the 1st week of birth. For moms who have gone through Caesaerian birth, the massage will only start once the external stitches are healed which is usually 14 days after delivery. Only light pressure will be applied on the abdomen of caesaerian moms.
The postnatal massage package includes:-
- Bertangas to remove the wind and help shrink the vagina and uterus
- Traditional Malay postnatal massage (Urut Bersalin)
- Heat treatment / Hot stone therapy (Bertungku)
- Wearing of abdominal wrap (Berbengkung)
- Param to shrink back muscles and the swollen veins
- Baby Bath & Hot Tuam (if needed)
- Our postnatal massages also include breast massage to help stimulate milk production.
We offer few postnatal massage packages at an affordable price. Book NOW to ensure there is available masseuse:
5 days package at RM 700
7 days package at RM 910
Terms and Conditions:
- Massage sessions are conducted in the comfort and convenience of the client’s house.
- Our massage therapists are local Malay ladies with many years of experience, trained and certified in traditional Malay prenatal
and postnatal massage.
- Full advance payment is required for confirmation of service for 3 days package.
- A 80% deposit is payable upon confirmation of service for 5 to 7 days packages. Balance payment must be made before or latest by the first day of treatment. We reserve the right to terminate the service if payment is not fully received on time.
- Appointment cancellation or postponement must be communicated at least TWO (2) days before agreed appointment date and time.
- All massage packages must be utilized within three (3) calendar months from the client’s estimated due date. Un-utilized sessions will be forfeited. Un-utilized massage packages are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Payment made is not refundable but transferable.
- yomommies shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that may result from the use of our service.
- The management of yomommies reserves the right to amend the prices, and the terms and conditions without prior notice.